- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Feminism is about men and women and all other genders, so please don't say Emma watsons speech didn't really support women's equality because she brought up men's equality.
First, no. Men’s equality has nothing to do with feminism. It’s about making women, all women, equal to men — white cis men more specifically since they benefit the most from women’s inequality.
And second, bringing up men’s rights on a feminist issue does not help it correlate with women’s rights.
This article explains this really well and how Emma Watson is a white feminist…
But again, feminism isn’t about men and women, don’t include women as apart of men. And there are so many other women who are neither heterosexual nor white who need feminism to become equal to men.